The course is administered by the Hungarian Pain Foundation (Fájdalom Alapítvány) which is a non-profit organization founded in 1996 by Hungarian physicians. Its mission is to provide accessible, patient-centered, chronic pain treatment at world standards.
Initially it supported the development of the Pain Clinic at Péterfy Sándor Hospital, Budapest , one of the first facilities in Hungary to provide chronic pain care.
The Hungarian Pain Foundation is currently achieving its mission by:
- Organizing local courses for the continuing education of Hungarian anaesthesiologists and neurosurgeon pain physicians
- Providing local and international physicians chronic pain training at our Pain Clinic
- Providing scholarships to local physicians to attend international courses and congresses
- Supporting research and innovation in new chronic pain treatments and rehabilitation
- Facilitating grant applications for new equipment in the Budapest Pain Clinic